Big thanks to everyone who came along to our ‘Best Of 2019… so far’ session and also to those who brought records to share. A top night with lots of great new music recommendations to check out! Full list of records played is below along with Mixcloud and Spotify links to listen back to the music we played.
Don’t forget, our new monthly radio show starts on Tuesday 18th June on Radio Free Matlock and we’ll be back at Glossop Labour Club in July for USA 1969. Details soon.
VA – Piccadilly Records Compilation 2018 (Piccadilly Records, 2018)
SIDE ONE: Phil France – Mr Jackal / Kadhja Bonet – Wings / LUMP – May I Be The Light / Tim Burgess – Cheree / Gulp – Spend Time Right Here With You / Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever – Talking Straight
SIDE TWO: Christiane F. – Wunderbar (JD Twitch Edit) / Prins Emanuel – Jordkällaren / Theon Cross – Brockley / Khruangbin – Maria También / The Advisory Circle – Flight Capture / TVAM – Psychic Data
Pye Corner Audio – Hollow Earth (from ‘Hollow Earth’, Ghost Box, 2019)
Rustin Man – Our Tomorrows (from ‘Drift Code’, Domino, 2019)
Billie Eilish – Xanny (from ‘When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?’, Darkroom, 2019)
Psychedelic Porn Crumpets – Keen For Kick Ons? (from ‘And Now For The Whatchamacallit’, Marathon Artists, 2019)
Fontaines D.C. – The Lotts (from ‘Dogrel’, Partisan Records, 2019)
Sleaford Mods – Eton Alive (from ‘Discourse’ 7″, Extreme Eating Records, 2019)
Fontaines D.C. – Big (from ‘Dogrel’, Partisan Records, 2019)
Vampire Weekend – Sunflower (from ‘Father Of The Bride’, Columbia Records, 2019)
Baker / Coloccia / Mueller – Yellow (from ‘See Through’, Gizeh Records, 2019)
– My Little Treasures (from ‘Further’, BMG, 2019)
– The Barrel (from ‘Designer’, 4AD, 2019)
– Outside (from ‘Badbea’, AED, 2019)
– MAH (from ‘No Geography’, Virgin EMI, 2019)
– Heroist (from ‘LP5’, Mute, 2019)
– Cold (from ‘Stop – Start’, Reckless Yes, 2018)
Public Service Broadcasting
– White Star Liner (from ‘White Star Liner’ EP, [pias], 2018)
Hampshire & Foat
– The Solitude of Certitudes (Pt. I) (from ‘Saint Lawrence’, Athens Of The North, 2019)
– I Can’t Keep You (from ‘Ex:Re’, 4AD, 2019)
– Strange Creatures (from ‘Strange Creatures’, Infectious Music, 2019)
The Leisure Society
– Leave Me To Sleep (from ‘Arrivals and Departures’, Ego Drain Records, 2019)
Two options to listen back to the music we played. If you want all-vinyl as played on the night, then it’s the Mixcloud version you’re after. But if you want a digital version (and to further explore the albums) then check out the Spotify playlist.
Established 2013, Glossop Record Club is the monthly vinyl-listening session which puts the music first. Have a look here to find out more about what we do and our past sessions.
Follow Glossop Record Club on Twitter.
‘Like’ Glossop Record Club on Facebook.
Follow Glossop Record Club on Instagram.
Listen to Glossop Record Club on Mixcloud.
Click here for the Glossop Record Club podcast.